- The Scottish and Welsh assemblies have green and anti-Westminster coalitions. Both are pro-peace, and anti-nuclear power and nuclear weapons
- Seven British cabinet ministers have admitted to smoking dope
- The super-Lotteries have been scrapped
- The Daily Mail attempt to smear the Labout Administration has failed
- Here in Wales the new cabinet gives fresh hope for international peace and justice:
- Of the three Plaid Cymru ministers, Rhodri Glyn Thomas is a former Chair of
CND Cymru and Elin Jones and has been a speaker at all the peace and justice demonstrations in Aberystwyth over the past 5 years
- Labour cabinet members include: Brian Gibbons, who spoke regularly at anti - nuclear medical campaign against Nuclear Weapons meetings in the 1980s;
- Jane Hutt is an ex-Greenham Common campaigner
- Edwina Hart supported the Stop the War protests in 2002-3
- John Griffiths is against nuclear power was involved in Stop the War
- Jane Davidson has recently pledged to work to reverse the senseless House of Commons vote to replace Trident.
I've always been too much of an optimist whilst writing dystopic narratives. Perhaps with Blair out of the way, we have a window of opportunity to work with more chance of success for a fairer, more peaceful and environmentally sane world.
What's it feel like from where you sit?